Wiki P&IPR 2019-20
Tentative plan of the lectures
The following calendar is subject to change. It will be updated when needed. Wednesday classes (11:30-13:30) will be in room A211. Thursday classes (14:30-16:30) in room A211. Check for updates here: https://easyroom.unitn.it
- 18/09/2019 - Introduction to the course
- 25/09/2019 - Introduction to the Legal System and legal analysis
- 02/10/2019 - Intellectual Property
- 09/10/2019 - History of Copyright
- 10/10/2019 - Copyright: Basic Principles
- 16/10/2019 - Legal Protection of Computer Programs
- 24/10/2019 - Copyright and Software
- 30/10/2019 - History of Free Software
- 31/10/2019 - Introduction to the "Paper Writing Lab"
- 06/11/2019 - Free and Open Source Software Licensing
- 13/11/2019 - Software as a Service
- 20/11/2019 - Open Data – Guest Lecture
- 27/11/2019 - Patents and Software Patents
- 04/12/2019 - File Sharing
- 05/12/2019 - History of Privacy
- 11/12/2019 - Privacy EU Regulation
- 12/12/2019 - Privacy – Guest Lecture
- 18/12/2019 - Computer Ethics
- 19/12/2019 - Digital Right Managment Systems and concluding remarks
At the end of each lecture, students will have to provide a quick answer to a simple question. The normal time for answering these questions is five minutes. Answers will be used as a certification of attendance.
Paper Writing Lab
Attending students will have to submit a short paper for the exam. In order to help the students write their papers, there will be a Paper Writing Lab where an assistant (Linda Tonolli) will be available for answering students' questions. The Lab is intended for supporting the students in structuring and shaping their paper, and not for providing contents or comments on the content. The time and room will be arranged by appointment.
During the course, students will have to provide three short summaries of the course contents. Summary will be handled using the link provided in the main page of this course. The deadlines for handling the summaries are:
- 30/10/2019 (content of lectures until 24/10/2019)
- 5/12/2019 (content of lectures between 31/10/2019 and 28/11/2019)
- 30/12/2019 (content of lectures between 4/12/2019 and 19/12/2019)
The requirements are different for students attending the lectures ("frequentanti") and students NOT attending the lectures ("non-frequentanti").
Exam dates for attending and non-attending students will be published in esse3.
A student is considered attending the lectures if s/he is:
Attendance is certified only by answering to the simple question provided at the end of each lecture. No other certification of attendance is accepted.